Interstate Specialty Products die cuts non-metallic washers for medical and scientific, electronics, and industrial applications.
For over 50 years, our Made in the USA manufacturing company has been die cutting non-metallic materials at our custom fabrication facility in Sutton, Massachusetts.
Learn about the advantages and uses of non-metallic washers, and how our custom washer manufacturing capabilities can meet your application requirements.
Advantages of Non-Metallic Washers
Non-metallic washers cost less than metal washers and can be custom manufactured in sizes from 0.100” outer diameter (OD) and from 0.005” to 0.12” thick. Applications for rubber washers and plastic washers include pumps, valves, compressors, electric motors, and oil and gas equipment.
Washer Types and Applications
Washers are made of many different materials and are used for sealing, spacing, insulating, and vibration absorption. For example:
- Acetal washers and Delrin washers offer good chemical resistance.
- Epoxy glass washers feature excellent mechanical strength and electrical properties.
- Fish paper washers have strong dielectric properties.
- Mylar washers combine dielectric strength with moisture resistance.
- Nylon washers and nylatron washers have good bearing and anti-friction characteristics.
- Phenolic washers are a good choice for toughness and corrosion resistance.
- Polyethyelene washers combine toughness with good barrier properties.
- Polypropylene washers combine mechanical strength with wear resistance.
- PTFE flat washers resist friction and chemicals.
- UHMW washers combine abrasion resistance with impact strength.
- Vulcanized fiber washers have a smooth, abrasion resistant surface.
- Silicone washers are a good choice for higher-temperature applications.
- EPDM washers have outstanding ozone resistance.*
How Non-Metallic Washers are Manufactured
Interstate Specialty Products die cuts non-metallic washers from sheets and rolls to your precise specifications. We also offer digital knife cutting, and can ship non-metallic washers to your location.
To learn how our custom washer manufacturing capabilities support your application, contact us on-line or call (800) 984-1811.
*Properties and applications shown throughout this website are typical. Your specific application should not be undertaken without independent study and evaluation for suitability.