Interstate Specialty Products die cuts membrane filters for medical and scientific, electronics, and industrial applications.
Filtration Membrane Materials and Applications
Filtration membranes may be composed of nylon, polypropylene, cellulose, nitrocellulose, glass fiber, and PTFE.
- Nylon filtration membranes are chemically compatible with a wide range of solvents.
- Polypropylene filtration membranes are used with more aggressive solvents. Because these membrane filters are highly adsorbent, they’re also a good choice for high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) applications with low detection levels.
- Cellulose acetate filtration membranes are used in diagnostic cytology and the filtration of enzyme solutions.
- Nitrocellulose filtration membranes are used in for laboratory applications such as nucleic acid and protein detection.
- Glass fiber membrane filters are made of pure borosilicate and used to measure suspended solids. Some borosilicate fibers feature fine porosity and can tolerate high temperatures.
- PTFE membrane filters can have hydrophobic or hydrophilic characteristics. Hydrophobic PTFE membrane filters are used to sterilize gases and aggressive chemicals. Hydrophilic PTFE membrane filters are recommended for HPLC.
How Filtration Membranes Are Manufactured
Interstate Specialty Products die cuts filtration membranes from sheet or rolls, and performs digital die-less cutting. Cleanroom die cutting is recommended for sensitive medical and pharmaceutical applications.
To learn how our membrane manufacturing capabilities meet your requirements, contact us on-line or call (800) 984-1811.
*Properties and applications shown throughout this website are typical. Your specific application should not be undertaken without independent study and evaluation for suitability.
Made in the USA
For over 50 years, Interstate has been producing die cut parts at our Made in the USA manufacturing facility in Sutton, Massachusetts. View the die cut products section below for more information, and please contact us with your questions.