Electrical insulation is made of fibers or films that provide outstanding dielectric strength. Typically, these specialty materials also offer other desirable properties, such as resistance to moisture absorption, flame or fire, cold temperatures, and chemicals.
Interstate Specialty Products die cuts electrical insulation for medical and scientific, electronics, and industrial applications. For over 50 years, our Made in the USA manufacturing company has been die cutting gasket insulation at our custom fabrication facility in Sutton, Massachusetts.
Types of Insulation
Interstate Specialty Products can die cut electrical insulation materials such as fish paper, Mylar, Formex, and Kapton, and custom manufacture products that meet all of your requirements. Ask us which electrical insulator is right for your application, and which die cutting technique is recommended.
- provides more heat resistance than many plastics
- retains greater flexibility than some plastic films at low temperatures
- moisture absorption can cause this electrical-grade paper to curl or swell, however, so thermoplastics may be a better choice for outdoor applications
Mylar Electrical Insulation
- combines dielectric strength with moisture resistance
- this heat-resistant polyester film resists many chemicals
- useful over a wide range of temperatures.
For very high temperatures, however, other polyester insulators are available.
Formex and Kapton Films
Formex and Kapton films also offer advantages:
- both electrical insulation materials meet UL-94 standards for flame resistance
- Formex fire resistant material can be folded and bent repeatedly without cracking
- Kapton insulation can resist radiation
Interstate Specialty Products die cuts sheets these electrical insulating materials, and also offers digital knife cutting manufacturing. To learn how our insulation manufacturing capabilities can support your application, contact us on-line or call (800) 984-1811.
*Properties and applications shown throughout this website are typical. Your specific application should not be undertaken without independent study and evaluation for suitability.
Made in the USA
For over 60 years, Interstate has been producing die cut parts at our Made in the USA manufacturing facility in Sutton, Massachusetts. View the die cut products section below for more information, and please contact us with your questions.