PACKER / SHIPPER
Interstate Specialty Products – Sutton, MA 01590
The Packer-Shipper is responsible for properly packing all products (productions or distribution) and preparing them for shipment. Responsibilities also include review of component LOT information from production or supplier documentation and ensuring proper labels are printed and applied to job specific packaging, adhering to internal label standards as well as customer specific label requirements. Packer-Shippers may also pluck parts and perform other duties as required.
- Follows all procedures in the ISP Quality Management System, works safely and adheres to all lockout tagout (LOTO) procedures, safety postings and policies, asks questions when in doubt, and escalates improvements, ideas, and concerns quickly.
- Measures, weighs, and counts products and materials.
- Observes materials while packaging in order to identify product deficiencies and escalate appropriately.
- Utilizes various forms of product cleaning and packaging equipment including, but not limited to dust collectors and static neutralizers, vibratory systems, and vacuum and heat sealers.
- Packs materials and products in such a way as to ensure that packing specifications are met, and are packed in a manner as to preserve their quality upon arrival to the customer.
- Marks and labels containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools and label printers.
- Assists in investigations of process related quality issues.
- May write Non-Conforming Materials Reports when required and be familiar with the process of quarantining products that have been rejected by QA.
- Completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data.) following good documentation practices. These records include inspection reports, training records, and equipment maintenance logs. Understand the function and purpose of these records. Complete records neatly with a goal of 100% accuracy of content.
- With proper training and oversight, may observe or operate other machinery as needed.
- Embraces and maintain compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certifications and all aspects of the ISP Quality Management System and released procedures.
- Identifies Lean, 6S and Process Improvement Initiatives.
- Organizes work and storage areas following 6S philosophy for safety, efficient workflow, and to showcase the quality of work in the shop.
- Other duties as required.
- High School degree or equivalent required. Work experience may be considered in lieu of certain educational requirements.
- Positive, respectful, collaborative attitude required.
- Must be team-oriented in a fast-paced, lean, and hands-on, high product mix environment.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation, procedures, and fill out appropriate job specific paperwork in English.
- Candidate should possess basic mathematical skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and rounding decimal numbers.
- A strong work ethic with excellent detail orientation is required.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving beneficial.
- Ability to understand material LOT control required.
- Experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 environments beneficial.
- Experience in 6S and Lean methodologies beneficial.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects and feel controls, reach, climb stairs, stoop, crouch, and have vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination required.
- Ability to work overtime when needed to meet customer and company goals.