QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Interstate Specialty Products – Sutton, MA 01590
The primary responsibility for the QA Tech is the inspection of converted components throughout the production process including first article, in process, and final inspections. Responsibilities also include determining and executing sampling and inspection plans, quality plans, tool verifications, defect prevention improvements, and additional customer requirements. The QA Tech will use a variety of measurement tools daily including analog, digital, and electronic calipers and micrometers, durometers, vision systems, laser measurement systems, and more. Additional responsibilities may include participating in various aspects of ISP’s non-conforming product process and MRB, final job stamping and approval, CAPA, training, calibration, and issuing Certificates of Conformance.
- Follows all procedures in the ISP Quality Management System, works safely and adheres to lockout, tagout procedures, all safety postings and policies, asks questions when in doubt, and escalates improvements, ideas, and concerns quickly.
- Provides first article, in process, and final component inspections using a variety of measurement tools.
- Collaborates on process improvement to help ensure “quality in the process” and prevent quality defects from occurring.
- Provides input for inspection methods and improvements.
- Writes inspection programs for automated metrology equipment, including vision and laser-based equipment.
- Participates in investigations of quality issues, leveraging ISP’s CAPA process.
- Writes Non-Conforming Materials Reports when required and quarantining products that have been rejected.
- May provide final job review and acceptance for shipment.
- Participates in Material Review Board meetings.
- Maintains information systems and completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data.) These records may include inspection reports, training records, , continuous improvement initiatives, and corrective action reports. Understands the function and purpose of these records. Completes records neatly with a goal of 100% accuracy while following good documentation practices.
- Organizes QA work areas following 6S philosophy for efficient workflow and to showcase the quality of work at ISP.
- May perform visual and dimensional inspections of incoming components as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Positive, respectful, collaborative attitude required. Must be able to work well with others from diverse organizational functions and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be team-oriented in a fast-paced, Lean, and hands-on, high mix job shop environment.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English, and read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical documentation, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills required, for internal and external customer communications.
- High School degree or equivalent required. Quality related certifications preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, rounding decimal numbers, and performing metric and standard conversions is required.
- Strong attention to detail skills are required.
- A strong work ethic with excellent detail orientation is required.
- CAD software experience beneficial.
- Prior use of measurement tools beneficial.
- Understanding of material lot control and importance is beneficial.
- Experience in ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 environments is beneficial.
- Experience in 6S and Lean methodologies beneficial.
- Practical ERP experience is beneficial.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects and feel controls, reach, climb stairs, stoop, crouch, and have vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination required.
- Ability to work overtime when needed to meet customer and company goals is required.