Interstate Specialty Products – Sutton, MA 01590
The primary responsibilities for the Material Coordinator are to support efficient and organized material receiving, inventory accuracy, and raw material coordination processes internally. The Material Coordinator will participate in a variety of other tasks focused on proper warehouse optimization, material segregation, inventory accuracy, proper labeling, and material related transaction in ISP’s ERP system.
- Follows all procedures in the ISP Quality Management System, works safely and adheres to lockout, tagout procedures, all safety postings and policies, asks questions when in doubt, and escalates improvements, ideas, and concerns quickly.
- Supports the material receiving of incoming product in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Receiving product into ISP’s ERP system.
- Verifying actual receipts with bill of lading and packing list.
- Performing visual inspections of shipments for damage and cleanliness, record any discrepancies.
- Inspecting all incoming products against the requirements of the ISP purchase order.
- Tag each pallet, box, or roll with accept or reject tags, following proper labeling and non-conforming material processes.
- Help coordinate supplier returns.
- Strap and wrap pallets of products shipping to customers.
- Perform various warehouse and inventory functions as needed.
- Moves material from receiving dock to inventory locations.
- Coordinates efficient transportation of material from inventory to machines, ensuring operators are prepared for their jobs.
- May perform material usage transactions in ISP’s ERP system.
- May perform and reconcile inventory cycle counting.
- Removes scrap materials from the production floor and may coordinate scheduling for compactor/dumpster pickup.
- Participates in Material Review Board meetings as needed.
- Maintains information systems and completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data) following Good Documentation Practices.
- Organizes receiving and inventory work areas following 6S philosophy for efficient workflow and to showcase the quality of work at ISP.
- Other duties as required.
- Positive, respectful, collaborative attitude required. Must be able to work well with others from diverse organizational functions and diverse backgrounds.
- Must be team-oriented in a fast-paced, Lean, and hands-on, high mix job shop environment.
- The candidate must be able to work independently with minimal guidance required. This implies good time management, planning/organization, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English, and read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, technical documentation, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills required, for internal customer communications.
- High School degree or equivalent required. Certain work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Forklift certification preferred. Ability and desire to operate a forklift and other lift devices is required.
- Basic mathematical skills, such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, rounding decimal numbers, and performing metric and standard conversions is required.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- A strong work ethic with excellent detail orientation is required.
- Prior use of dimensional or durometer measurement tools beneficial.
- Understanding of material lot control and importance is beneficial.
- Experience in ISO 9001 and/or ISO 13485 environments is beneficial.
- Experience in 6S and Lean methodologies beneficial.
- Practical ERP experience is beneficial.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, operate a forklift or lift device, use hands to handle objects and feel controls, reach, climb stairs, stoop, crouch, and have vision capabilities that enable reading and viewing a computer screen. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime when needed to meet customer and company goals is required.