EMI/ RFI Shielding Gaskets
Sensitive electronic assemblies need reliable EMI / RFI shielding gaskets. We combine the right EMI and RFI shielding materials with production expertise to help OEMs in a variety of electronics applications.
Interstate Specialty Products manufactures EMI gaskets from solid, sponge, and fabric-reinforced materials in virtually any shape or size. Depending on the EMI / RFI shielding material you select, we can create EMI shielding gaskets from 0.250” to 60” in diameter, and in thicknesses starting at 0.003”.
For over 50 years, our Made in the USA manufacturing facility in Sutton, Massachusetts has been converting sheets and rolls of non-metal materials into custom gaskets. Today, we also convert metal-filled silicones that combine the environmental advantages of silicone elastomers with the electrical properties of metals.
EMI Gaskets and Shielding Materials
Interstate Specialty Products enjoys strong partnerships with leading suppliers to ensure access to high-quality shielding materials that strengthen your electronic designs. Examples of EMI gasket materials include:
- Silver-filled silicones with pure silver particles for maximum EMI shielding effectiveness
- Nickel graphite-filled silicones that balance concerns about cost with demands for performance
- Aluminum-filled silicones with cost-effective, silver-plated aluminum particles
- Oriented wire products with sturdy metal wires that are crimped for resiliency
- Silicone with Monel® that combines the durability of a wire mesh with Monel’s superior strength
Depending on your application requirements, ask Interstate Specialty Products about EMI gasket materials that also provide electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, flame resistance, and/or compliance with the MIL-DTL-83528C standard for elastomeric shielding gaskets.
MIL-DTL-83528C EMI Shielding Gaskets
Interstate Specialty Products can create EMI shielding gaskets from particle-filled silicones that meet the requirements of the U.S. military’s MIL-DTL-83528C specification. Examples include:
- MIL-DTL-83528C Type A silver-plated, copper-filled silicone capable of 110 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz with a continuous use temperature range of range of -55°C to +125°C.
- MIL-DTL-83528C Type B silver-plated, aluminum-filled silicone capable of 100 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz with a continuous use temperature range of -55°C to +160°C.
- MIL-DTL-83528C Type D silver-plated, aluminum-filled fluorosilicone capable of 90 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz, with a continuous use temperature range of -55°C to +160°C, and resistant to solvents and jet fuels.
- MIL-DTL-83528C Type E high-durometer silver-plated, copper-filled silicone capable of 110 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz with a continuous temperature range of -45°C to +125°C.
- MIL-DTL-83528C Type K high-durometer silver-plated, copper-filled silicone capable of 110 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz with a continuous temperature range of -45°C to +125°C.
- MIL-DTL-8352C Type M silver-plated glass-filled silicone capable of 100 dB of plane wave shielding effectiveness at 10 GHz with a continuous temperature range of -55°C to +160°C.
We can also create EMI gaskets made from certified and commercial-grade materials for communications and electronics applications.
EMI Gasket Fabrication
Interstate Specialty Products uses digital die-less cutting to nest EMI components for optimal value and minimal waste. We can also supply EMI gaskets with pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs), and are experienced with using conductive PSAs.
To learn how our EMI gasket fabrication capabilities support your application, contact us on-line or call (800) 984-1811.